Once Thanksgiving is over tomorrow, it is officially the start of the holiday season! And that means pulling out your Christmas ornaments to begin decorating your home for the holidays. But as much as we love a traditional Christmas look and feel, why not make your holiday decorations a little more unique this year? Perhaps a little closer to your personality? Our Etsy Wednesday feature is a collection of these delightfully nerdy ornaments created by Philadelphia-based (owner of the wonderful Etsy shop GingerPots) Laura Conklin. While Laura typically sells unique flower pots, she’s been working on these whimsical Christmas ornaments that appeal to nerds of all ages. And you may have gathered from our series of Superhero illustrations that we’re very excited about this Etsy roundup. Check them out below!
The Avengers Marvel Ornaments Set features Captain America, Thor, Iron Man and the Hulk. The entire set sells for $60 + shipping.
Batman and Joker
The Dark Knight and his arch enemy the Joker are handpainted on glass ball ornaments. This set sells for $30 + shipping!
Garfield and Odie
Garfield and Odie Christmas ornaments are perfect for any fans of the classic comic strip! Sells for $20 + shipping.
The Nightmare Before Christmas
1. How perfect is this Darth Vader and Yoda set? Sells for $30 + shipping.
2. You can round out a Star Wars theme with your very own R2D2 and C3P0 Christmas ornaments. Aren’t they adorable? Sells for $36 + shipping.
1. This Mario Power Up set features the Mushroom, Fire Flower and Super Star! Makes me think of my Super Smash Bros moments. This set sells for $20 + shipping.
2. This handpainted Mario glass ornament really pinpoints the classic 8-bit Super Mario game! Sells for $14 + shipping.
3. And it wouldn’t be a complete set without this Mario-Yoshi duo! This set sells for $26 + shipping.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
We can’t forget TNMT in our Marvel superhero indulgence! This set of 4 sells for $36 + shipping.
And last but not least, Transformers fans will not be ignored. How could one truly enjoy their Christmas tree without Optimus Prime and Megatron? The leaders of the Autobots and Decepticons sell as a set for $30 + shipping.
Well, that was enough nerdy indulgence for one day. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Which of these nerdy ornaments fill you with glee this holiday season?