Critically acclaimed novel-turned-film, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, opened in limited theaters to warm reviews on September 21, with an 84% certified fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Even if it didn’t get good reviews, I’m sure that the Emma Watson fans of the world would have come to the theaters in droves anyways. So, for Movie Friday, we’re changing it up a little bit. Today, we’re going to show you redesign concepts of movie posters and book covers of this beloved novel.
First up, we have the alternating movie posters that have been circulating across the United States:
This next concept was the only movie poster I could find for the film! Strange.
There were many more book cover redesigns that visually represented the Wallflower story in a different way. We found the 8 book cover designs by the following artists:
- Meghan Goettl of San Antonio, TX
- Joanna Meachum of Oklahoma City
- Glen Deiter (Illustration)
- John Espina of Brooklyn, NY
- Aimed with Angry Art
- Gabrielle Manotoc of Muntinlupa City, Philippines (Illustration)
- Lindsay Beach of Philadelphia, PA (Illustration)
- Estelle Morris (Illustration)
Who’s excited about seeing The Perks of Being a Wallflower?