Here at the Redesign Revolution headquarters, the office is getting quite snug. With new interns and new full-time hires, our daily lunch order is getting unbearably long. And with deliveries come an unnecessary number of plastic spoons! I shudder to think how many plastic spoons have been wastefully disposed of – and on top of that, many of them have never even been used! So for this week’s Upcycle This! feature, I’ve rounded up 14 of my favorite craft projects that upcycle spoons in wonderfully creative ways.
From vases to clocks and chandeliers to pendants, you’ll never have an excuse to throw away that spoon ever again.
Use your plastic spoons…
As a vase!
1.Plastic Spoon Vase (Source: Pinterest)
To hold your candles.
2. Tea Light Holders (Source: Delicate Construction)
To make your own sunburst mirrors.
3. DIY Red Sunburst Mirror (source: Little Things Bring Smiles)
4. DIY Blue Chrysanthemum Mirror (source: Addicted2Decorating)
For other fun home accessories…
5. Pendant Rose (Source: Copious)
6. Laurel Wreath (source: Nesting Place)
7. DIY Maracas (Source: Dana Made It)
8. DIY Hummingbird Feeder (Source: Shabby Beach Nest)
9. Plastic Spoon Crocuses (Source: A Book Worm’s World)
During the holidays…
10. DIY Holiday Pinecone Balls (Source: My Growing Home)
11. DIY Christmas Trees (source: That’s What Che Said)
As a lighting accessory!
12. DIY Pendant Light (Source: Curbly)
To decorate your clocks!
13. DIY Chrysanthemum Clock (source: That’s What Che Said)
14. DIY Utensil Clock (Source: Healthy Way to Cook)
I’m sure a lot of people would use brand new plastic spoons to recreate some of these awesome projects, but from one eco-conscious blogger to another: please don’t. Use what’s been used so you’re actually contributing to a better earth! That’s what upcycling is all about, after all.
Check out our Upcycle This! archive for other cool upcycle projects.
Do you know any other cool DIY plastic spoon projects?