Question: When you think about natural resources, what first comes to mind?
For me, its trees. We owe a lot to trees. They essentially supply the necessities that drive our way of life, from paper products to infrastructures for our homes and other buildings. While a lot of these are able to be fitted for reuse after their usefulness has waned, not all of these materials can be recycled once extracted from the tree’s original form.
Wooden pallets are often used as a base for large, heavy materials. At the end of the day as I make my way home, I always see them piled up next to the garbage on the street. Its quite a sad sight to see them discarded like trash when there is such potential for a greater (re-)use! The following are a collection of creative ideas to upcycle those plain old wooden pallets into stylish furniture for every room in the house. Check it out below:
1. Add seating to your backyard with this basic (but lovely!) pallet bench. (via)
2. This magazine rack/bookshelf is a great idea for people who want to display their current reads – great for small office reception areas as well! (via)
3. You can split up those pallets to great these grant planter shelves and seating! (via)
4. They serve as great coffee tables with plenty of storage options. (via)
5. And this coffee table has wheels! (via)
6. Add some flavor to your home theater venue with a DIY pallet stadium setup. (via)
7. This hanging bookshelf idea is great for people looking to keep the clutter away from their floors. $25 (via Pretty Rough)
8. I’d love to add this hanger idea to my own bedroom! (via)
9. This pallet dining table is perfect for your new eco kitchen. (via)
10. Combine your old pallets with these mason jars for an awesome chandelier in your kitchen. $340 (via The Honeydew)
If you love mason jar ideas, visit our mason jar roundup!
11. One firm created all their office furniture out of pallets! (via)
12. I’m jealous of the people who have the space to have outdoor parties! Throw some cushions on top of your pallets, and you’ve got great seating and dining options. (via)
13. Why not have a romantic picnic without eating off the floor? (via)
14. Is it beach weather yet? I’d love to lay out on one of these ballet chairs by the pool. (via)
15. Kids will be forever amused playing in this pallet playhouse. (via)
16. I want this porch swing! (via)
17. You can stage an entirely new porch section with a bunch of pallets. (via)
18. You may have already seen coffee tables in this roundup, but not a round table ON wheels WITH space for books! (via)
19. A simple DIY sectional that also doubles as sleepover beds for your kids’ friends. (via)
20. Loving this jewelry display box you can hang in your home. $128 (via Rusted Creek)
21. With the number of heels I own I don’t know how I haven’t come up with this idea for a pallet shoe rack! (via)
22. This pallet staircase is probably not too safe, but the concept is cool. (via)
23. More hanging storage ideas for your entrance. (via)
24. This DIY toddler bed is a hefty project, but the result is worth it! (via Lori Danelle)
25. I’m always up for new and creative ways to build my garden. This vertical garden idea sounds like a good start. (via)
26. Wine racks for wine lovers! $75 (via The Reclaimed Life)
27. You can decorate your wall with this bicycle wall art! $148 (via Slippin’ Southern)
Check out our Upcycle This! archive for other cool upcycle projects.
Which is your favorite reuse of wooden pallets?