We’ve been bitten by the Halloween spirit here on Redesign Revolution. Costumes, candy corn, and everything pumpkin make Halloween (and fall) one of our favorite times of the year. There’s something about Halloween (and many of the fall and winter holidays, let’s be honest) that brings out the creative in all of us. The most obvious example for our craft-crazy brains? Pumpkin carving.
With pumpkin carvings on the mind, we were extremely pleased to come across a cleverly creepy pumpkin carving timelapse video, released just in time for Halloween. The clip was created and directed by Joe Vaughn, with the pumpkin carving done by Brooklyn-based pro pumpkin carver Chris Soria. The concept itself is credited to illustrator Jason Smith. Check out the video, showing the pumpkin from beginning to rotting phases, below!
If you’re going a little pumpkin crazy today, check out some of our favorite posts on the craft:
- Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular by Passion for Pumpkins
- DIY Thursday: 7 Beautiful DIY Pumpkins for Halloween
- DIY Thursday: 10 Halloween Decorations from Cute to Creepy
- DIY Thursday: Tetris Pumpkin Carving
- DIY Thursday: How to Expose Your Jack-o-Lantern’s Brain
- Creative Halloween Pumpkin Decorating Ideas